Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown...

Merry Christmas, family and friends! I wish I could be there, or you could be here, or some variation thereof, but alas, we must send our good wishes from afar.

How do you like my Christmas tree? It reminds me of an animated movie usually watched this time of year...


On Christmas Eve, we teachers had a little holiday dinner, complete with gift exchange (I got a scarf). Here are Daniel Yoo -- our newest teacher and a fellow Californian -- and Dan Kim, our head teacher:


Keith and his girlfriend:

Sophia and Nathan (engaged to be married; Nathan's from Wisconsin, as I've mentioned. Sophia is native Korean and teaches our low-level students). Eric's peeking into the picture:

Here's the whole gang:


On Christmas Day my church had a service, at which I played and sang. Afterwards we had lunch and a white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a bread maker...which I stole from someone thinking it was a rice cooker. After that, we watched the Nativity Story, the new Christmas movie. It was a little boring, but overall pretty good. More of a rental than a see-in-the-theater. After that, dinner with some other friends. In short, I kept busy. I still would have rathered to have been home with y'all, but I made do.

I love you all! May God bless you, and may Christ give you His peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mr. Emmans.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks, man.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan, just checking in to see what's new. Nathan is completely excited about your brotherly adventures coming up... just two more months now. Let us know if there is anything you would like him to bring over for you...we have an abundant supply of Riverside smog, for example. :)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home