Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Talent Show Biz

September 24th there was a talent show at "The 12th Gwangju International Community Day," which is long for "Foreigners' Festival." I played a couple original tunes with a British drummer I go to church with. It was a BLAST, let me tell you! As you can see, it was a big stage, and there were probably 600 people there, mostly foreigners. The sound system rocked, my guitar sounded great, my vocal was crisp...life was good. And Dan (the drummer) and I had 'em dancin', screamin' and encoring'. Loads of fun!

You can see the judges on the left. We won third place (100,000 Won, which is about $100). Second was a Chinese girl who did a traditional dance, first was a group of Filipino women who did a traditional dance, and the audience choice award went to another group of Filipino women who, coincidentally, also danced.

I think we would have won if we had also had dancing girls up on stage with us...oh well, live and learn.

Here's me greeting the assembled throng and explaining the tunes (you can barely see Dan in the far background):


Here's me rocking out:


(One of my students took these pictures with his cellphone camera, hence the lack of zoom and focus.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to be an international rock star! :) Wish we could have been there to cheer you on. Don't spend it all in one place!
~Jessica Emmans

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Well...I kinda already did :-)

12:30 PM  
Blogger JPeg said...

well, well, well. i just thought that i would check jordan's blog, and was amazed at what i found. i had gotten out of the habbit of checking you see, since he hadn't posted anything for three months. and what did i find, not one but SIX new entries. wow. well i gotta go. i'm going to have to spend the rest of the day reading blogs i guess.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home