Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

History, Ancient and Otherwise: Students

Some of my mid-level students. We're having lunch at TGI Friday's, which looks just like TGI Friday's in America:


These are lower-level students (we're at a really nice Korean restaurant)...


...as are these:


One of my high level students with his wife and son, at his son's first birthday party:

Some of my highest level students, at a guitar bar (a cozy little establishment that basically has an open mic; I played a few tunes to entertain the folks). A good time is being had here, as you can see. We're laughing at a hilarious Frenchman who is taking our picture:

There was a group from a French class there, including four French folk. We had an international, non-competitive sing-off. The Korean bar owner played a song, the Frenchmen played a song (in French), and I played U2's "With or Without You" to represent the USA (yes, I know U2 is an Irish band).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many of those empty brown bottles are yours in that last picture... ha ha ha... looks like a great time.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Actually, that night...none!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no talk to, we miss you here in Cool. Heard that you and your bro's are to take a trip soon.

Drop me a note direct on my e-mail so I can hook back up with you. dennis.edwards@rexnord.com

I droped my old e-mail since we spoke last and I've missed communicating with you.

In HIS love, "D"

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Jordan~
In case you haven't heard the good news, you have to hurry home sometime soon after Summer to meet not only the all-too-adorable Ethan, but also another neice or nephew who is on the way! (Who are we kidding, it will probably be a nephew, but Nathan is a pretty big rebel, and may go against the "norm" so-to-speak.) Have a very merry Christmas, we miss you!

Love, Jess

P.S. the baby's nickname is "Sprout" :) He or she is due in July.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home