Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

BCM Language Center Party

These are from October 27th. It was my birthday party, our teacher Jeff's going-away party, and new teacher Daniel's and new night secretary Ji Un's welcome party.

I didn't take a picture of Daniel or Jeff, but here is Jeff with his little son, Hugh, at his first birthday party. They're both arrayed in Han-bok, traditional Korean garb (Jeff's wife is Korean). This was back in February when I first got here:

Here some of us are at the restaurant. From left to right: Nathan (Korean-American from Wisconsin), Yun Sik (pronounced Yoon Sheek), and Alex (Yun Sik and Alex are native Koreans):

A close-up of Yun Sik, because the assembled demanded it:

Here are, l-r, Sun Ae and Kyung Ae, former night secretary and current morning secretary, respectively. They initially refused to be photographed...

...but I persisted:


Actually, Kyung Ae continued in her refusal, but I was too quick for her:

Ji Un, our new night secretary, had no problem:


It was a fun night, replete with various forms of carousing. We imbibed, we puffed a few stogies, we shot pool, we even went to a night club and got our grooves on. Zero sleep and a good time were had by all.

2 Comments:

Blogger JPeg said...

jordan?
smoking, drinking, staying up all night (perhaps the most unbelievable), AND dancing? are you sure? if you are holding jordan captive we want him back. name your price...

i'm shocked! Proud and impressed, but shocked all the same. who'd a thunk that living in a foreign country for a year, thousands of miles from home could actually change someone. hmm.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

lol! James, I'm happy to have warranted your pride. Yes, living abroad has a liberating effect, if you want it to. And I'll only release Jordan when I get $10 million wired to my Swiss bank account. And it should be soon, if you ever want to see your weird-looking friend again...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home