Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rock 'n' Roll

We played Speakeasy again last month, opening for a band from Seoul (A Taste of Dinomite). I didn't get any pics of them, but they were pretty good.

We rocked, I'm happy to say. We played a blistering one-hour set, getting many positive reactions from the assembled.

Dave and Dan enjoy the moment:


Dave and Dan rock out:

I had one fanatic fan in particular, a young Korean girl who may or may not have imbibed too freely. As you can see, she stood RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, staring at me, for the last two songs; a little awkward:

Overall a fun night. We're currently working on a CD, which we'll hopefully finish by March. When we do, I'll make it available via MP3 download. It's going to sound good, I think.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! So happy you updated the blog. I was about to give up!! I really love that she stood right in front of you. I think I shall do that. This picture makes me laugh. Jamiey

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cd!! You have just made a dismal week much better. I, along with many others, have waited for this day for a long long time. I can't wait to hear it. Kyle Ray

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bout time Jordan.... for the blog and the Compact Disk. (I've decided to start calling them that).

2:58 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited too. We worked on acoustic guitar parts yesterday. Dave the bassist is recording us, all through his laptop. It's still amazes me what you can do digitally now.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,
Nice to to hear about the cd. Sounds like things are going well for you...
Steve and Denise leave for China next week for 4 months to teach and do things that will make them late for dinner also!
peace,
Steve
and...
Our 24 hours of prayer will happen this saturday... I'll put you on the wall!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks for the prayers, Steve. Good to here from you. Tell everyone hi for me.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Oops..."hear from you" is what I meant. My English is getting worse...

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home