Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Temple Tourist

Me, contemplative...

...in front of a real "working" Buddhist temple, used by the denizens of a small rural village about a 40 min. ride from Gwangju. I know it was in use because, well, it was in use while I was there. I could hear one of the faithful, chanting inside the main pagoda:



Here's a view of the village:

An interesting mix of ancient and modern -- power poles, concrete, and tiled roofs:

This is just down the road. You are looking at a creek that has been developed into basically a canal, like any urban cement "creek." The hills in the distance are part of Mt. Mudeung:

Yours truly:


The road goes ever on...well actually this one led me to a dead end. I had to hoof it through some farmer's fields. I treaded lightly. It looks cooler than it really was:


More pics to come; stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home