Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Another Sunday, Another Ride to a Shrine...

...this time Chungjangsa, which is a little farther along the same road as Chungminsa (see the link in my "At Long Last" post for info). Here's the main building in the inner courtyard:

...and the door to the hillside above:

...yet closer:



...and here I am among the statues on the hill, betwixt a stone Korean warrior and a stone goat. Why a goat, I'm not sure:

More statues:

Small pillar-toting turtle:

...big pillar-toting turtle:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good things brother, good things. I am stoked you got yourself a blogsite finally. This thing is great, looks like the camera is working fantastic eh? I talked to Drew today, we're planning on meeting up with you sometime in Jan in S.K. and then we can take a train or whatever up into China.

-Nathan J.E.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home