Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Later That Evening...

...I had dinner with a student. Yes, one student. Yes, she is female. No, I didn't plan it that way. She was the only one of five students to show up. Anyway, it was fine, as opposed to awkward. Here she is with her friend who showed up near the end of dinner. The funny-looking one is me, Sally is my student, and her friend Lauren is wearing the blue coat:

After dinner we headed for coffee; we met up with my fellow teacher Eric, Diana (sister of one of my students) and Chong, her friend.

Sally was cracking me up. She refused to let me take her picture again:

...and again:

Diana and Yours Truly, flashing the universal sign for scissors:

Chong and Diana:


I had an interesting exchange with Diana. She found out I was a Christian and said, "Oh, I don't like Christians! They are always shouting in the subway and downtown, 'Believe in God!'" But she excepted those present from her condemnation, of course. She's a very open, talkative person, and speaks her mind freely.

Then she and Chong discovered that I'm a Republican, and started debating U.S. foreign policy with me. And I was the only one at the table who supported Bush; I was on the spot! But it was all good. I think I held my own fairly well.

1 Comments:

Blogger JPeg said...

jordan, are you dating your students? shame on you. hahaha. just kidding.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home