Late For Dinner

"Adventures...Make you late for dinner." -- Bilbo Baggins

Featuring Thoughts and Images both Adventurous and Otherwise. Dealing mostly with those Occurences and Happenings which befall one Jordan Emmans, during his Sojourn in the Far East (South Korea, specifically). Giving no promise as to Quality or Frequency of posts. Expecting, however, great Diversity of Subject Matter. Hoping sincerely to Entertain and Enlighten those Readers who would care to glance herein. Or Something.

Name:
Location: Gwangju, South Korea

I'm a follower of Jesus and a guitarist/drummer/vocalist. I'm from Cool, CA, USA, and I've been in Korea since Jan. 27, 2006. Right now I'm giving teaching a try. Next year...who knows what I'll be doing. Life is an adventure!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

On the edge of the big desert

Well, I've arrived at the last stage of my journey: the Loneliest Road in America, aka Highway 50 from Hinckley, Utah all the way through Nevada. It's all desert, and there are like six towns. Yesterday I rode from Heber City to Hinckley, a 150 mile marathon starting at 7am and ending at 2am. I'm taking it easy today, in Delta, about five miles east of Hinckley. Tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning I will begin the 83 mile trek from Hinckley to Border, and maybe further. We'll see how I feel.

In Heber I met up with a friend my brothers and I met in Beijing (click the link and scroll down), Carrie Mehr. She and her sister hung out with us at our hostel, played poker and hunted Easter eggs. It was fun to catch up and meet some of her friends, Mike, Brittany, and Stephanie especially. Mike fed me and gave me one of his bike lights "just in case." Brittany used to be a pro golfer, and she was fun to hang with. Stephanie put me up in her house, and let me hang out there while she was at work, before she had even met me. Good people, all. Carrie's quite the outdoor enthusiast: she trail runs, bikes and skis. Her mountain bike is always in her car, except when she rides it which is often. She bought me dinner. It was good times.

New pictures here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Levi said...

Jordan-
Good luck across the desert, I hope the semi's give you enough room on those narrow shoulders of the loneliest road. Remember to stay hydrated. Enjoy the journey.
You are a Driven Person, thank you for inspiring us.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks, Levi! It was nice meeting you and your family. I'm in Fallon now, and the semi's have given me enough room thus far. California on Friday, home on Saturday!

Take care and God bless!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home